DNA Kingston Training offers a Certificate IV in Dental Assisting. Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide an advanced level of chairside assistance to the Dentist or Dental Therapist through real practical hands on training and embedded theory sessions in a full Dental Clinical environment. This will include contributing to the quality of dental care provided through well developed professional communication skills; providing an oral health education program that promotes Dental Health, and the ability to implement and monitor infection control policy and procedures in the Dental Practice.
The course is recommended for people with a caring and patient nature with good communication skills who are seeking a rewarding career in the dental industry.
This qualification reflects the role of workers who provide an advanced level of assistance to a dentist, dental hygienist, dental prosthetist, dental therapist or oral health therapist, which contributes to the quality of oral health care, including contributing to the quality of dental care provided through well-developed communication skills; providing an oral health education program that promotes good oral health as part of general health.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 250 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of the units of competency and to ensure they are work ready. DNA Kingston Training will be responsible for funded students in attaining work experience hours.
Contact our team
Occupational titles may include:
Total number of units = 14
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- HLTDEN001 Prepare for and assist with oral health care procedures
- HLTDEN002 Assist with dental radiography
- HLTDEN003 Assist with administration in dental practice
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTINF002 Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- HLTINF003 Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- HLTDEN004 Implement an individualised oral hygiene program
- HLTDEN010 Implement an oral hygiene program for older people
- HLTDEN011 Implement an oral health promotion program
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
Elective units may vary for correspondence or traineeships. Contact our team for further information on options and pricing.
Government Subsidised Funding
This qualification is eligible for government funding under the Jobs and Skills WA Program. A range of training options and courses are available and subsidised under Jobs and Skills WA. Priority training areas include apprenticeships, eligible traineeships, and priority industry qualifications. Many other important industry qualifications are also subsidised under Jobs and Skills WA, including pre-apprenticeships, general industry training courses, and foundation and equity courses. The Student tuition fees below are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. For further information contact email@example.com or phone 1300 855 503.
Certificate IV Dental Assisting – All Campuses
Lower Fees Local Skills Prices*
Tuition Fee $1200
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment
Tuition Fee $400
The Student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 855 503
*Contact us to confirm eligibility